What you'll do:
- Implement new features and deploy them using our Continuous Delivery approach
- Contribute to our product vision
- Work in an Agile cross-functional team of a Product Manager, Product Designer and Developers (We use a blend of processes that work for us inc. SCRUM, Kanban and Pair Programming)
- Be involved in the end to end cycle of building our product
- Champion quality code while being pragmatic
- Work in an inclusive, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchical and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over your job title
You’ll get to work with a variety of new and interesting technology:
We mainly use the following tools and technology but you don’t need to have experience with all of them. Many of us didn't when we joined! Our focus is always on finding the right technology for the job, if you’re willing to learn, we are interested in speaking with you.
- Clojure to write our backend microservices (please apply if you have experience with any programming language, we are happy to teach you!)
- React Native and Redux for our mobile applications
- Kafka for our asynchronous message queue
- AWS for our infrastructure
- Docker to run our services
- Terraform for our infrastructure provisioning and deployment
We regularly contribute to Open Source libraries and encourage our Developers to suggest new technology that can add value to building a bank.
You should apply if:
- You have experience with Functional Programming
- You’ve worked in a cross-functional Agile team
- You’d like to be part of a team that does Pairing Programming and Test Driven Development
- You have experience working with microservices
- You want to work in a product focused team that thinks about customers and user behaviour and builds sublime experiences for them
- You have experience deploying to cloud based infrastructure like AWS or similar
- You want to deliver a product using the principles of Hypothesis Driven Development
- You’d like to develop with mobile first design principles and build cross-platform Android and iOS applications with React Native
- You’d like to be part of building an inclusive and diverse culture in which everyone can succeed.
We can be flexible with the structure of our interview process if someone's circumstances or timescales require it but our general structure is:
- 30 minute hangout with one of our Developers
- 2-3 hour face to face with our team including a pair programming, system design and values / ways of working interview
- 15-30 minutes with one of our Founders / Exec team
Please let us know if you have any special requirements or need assistance so we can be as accommodating as possible for you.
What we offer you:
- High degree of autonomy
- Opportunity to learn something new everyday
- Room to grow and excel within a fast growing start-up
- An environment that adopts forward thinking development practices
- An ethically conscious company that is truly trying to change the industry
- An awesome team to be part of – we have warm, friendly and highly talented people!
- An inclusive environment with regular team events and ad-hoc social events to break the routine
- A modern, bustling office in Holborn, Central London with a free gym!
If this sounds interesting to you, contact the hiring team (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.